I know it’s only October and I should be thinking of Hallow’een, but Christmas is looming and I’m already stressing about buying the pressies. I have no clue as to what to get my parents, but I have managed to start gathering in the odd wee bit and piece for various other younger members of the family. I’ve also started working on various wee made pressies for my kids and have finished the hats for my friends, so at least that’s done. Am I the only one to stress about Christmas?
It’s supposed to be a happy time of year, but I find it stressful right up to the day (we’re doing the dinner this year…I say ‘we’, but I mean ‘me’). I worry that people will like the presents I’ve bought them. I worry the turkey (or this year it’ll be chicken cos I don’t like turkey) will be cooked. I worry that I’ve forgotten someone. Argggh! Roll on Boxing Day, that’s what I say, as Boxing Day is a day of lolling about in pyjamas, eating too much chocolate and generally not doing very much!!
Anyway, what I do love about Christmas and what doesn’t stress me out is this:
1. Christmas carols – I’m not religious, but I love Christmas carols. Been practising a few on the ole Joanna.
2. Snowy scenes, Christmas specials on the telly and feeling all warm inside.
3. Christmas films, especially Elf, It’s a Wonderful Life, Muppets Christmas Carol, Miracle on 41st Street.
4. Watching the kids enjoying opening their presents on Christmas morning.
5. Chilling out.
6. Christmas trees and decorations.
7. The unspoken permission to eat and drink as much as I like – although I try not to overindulge too much.
8. Cheesy Christmas pop songs.
9. Wrapping up and going for a walk along the River Clyde.
10. Christmas kisses with hubby under the mistletoe.
What are yours??